Monday, September 24, 2012

Roadtrip anyone??

IMG_6644-1

Hello, peeps!

I don't know about you, but I looooove to travel! Be it by air, or by car, I'm all for it. During my childhood, we didn't have a lot of luxury so vacations were always a big deal. We never went far so we always traveled by car. And because we had a big family who loved to sing, it was never boring. Actually, as a teen, sometimes, I'd block my family out by wearing my headphones. LOL!

Fast forward to my early 20s. My BFFs and I went to different colleges so I'd always try to visit them by car. I also started my Southwest frequent flyer miles going to Las Vegas or Arizona! Then, my BFFers in college would plan a trip to Palm Springs and Vegas again (hey, it's such a popular place!).

And then, when I met my DH in my mid 20s, his bro thought about moving to AZ. His BFF was already there. The housing market was booming. And you can get a 3000 square foot home for 1/3 the price of what it'd cost in the SF Bay Area. We did a lot of road trips there. Five adults in a little sedan in 100 + degree = not always fun!

My actual most favorite road trip was with my lil sis. She had a job interview in So Cal, and it was just the two of us. We belted our way there...as in, at the top of our lungs, the most ridiculous, highest notes in love songs! For me, it was stress free as I was just there for support. I was very into Yelp back then and looked forward to visiting new shops and restaurants.

Anyway, I haven't yet visited Europe, but I'll get there someday. Onto today's card: Doesn't Car Leo look cute? Am not quite happy with the way I colored his car, but let's just say it's not a new one.

The elements and design I used is more geared towards the scrapbooking world with the layering in one corner and the use of more than one sentiment. I do love how different it came out though. And how it captures my love of a good roadtrip!

IMG_6648-1

Happy Travels!

2 comments:

eva said...

wow, you are adventurous! if we lived on the mainland we'd travel more by car too. seems fun! and so many places to see! cute image and card!

angie ashuk said...

Super cute! We're a road trip family here. We've drive 4 days to Florida 3 times and this Jan we are driving 23 hours to Galvaston Tx to take a cruise:) the drive is part of the fun for us:)