Thursday, May 31, 2007
i used mostly older patterned paper for this lay-out.
Supplies used-- Red scalloped paper: Creative Imaginations; School/old fashioned paper: Daisy D's; Main cardstock: Provocraft; Ribbons: May Arts; Letters: KI Memories; Pen: Micron.
Supplies used--Scalloped paper: Creative Imaginations; Strips: Provocraft; Tiger Lily flowers: Imaginisce; White Brads: American Crafts; Ribbon: ?; Yellow brads: Bazzill; White Letters: Thickers from American Crafts; Pens: Micron and Sharpie; Mini Gold Frame: Making Memories.
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Supplies used-- Cardstock: Foof-a-la from Autumn Leaves; Ribbon: May Arts; Flower: Prima; Strips, round tag, brackets: Cosmo Cricket; Brads: Queen & Co.; Pins: ?; Staples: Making Memories; Lined Scalloped Paper: Creative Imaginations; Pen: Micron.
Saturday, May 26, 2007
7 Random / Factual Things About Me:
1. I skipped the 5th grade. I had just moved from the Philippines and though it was hard to attend an American school in the 4th grade, I worked my butt off to get the approval of my teacher and parents. I wanted to show the kids who teased me about my accent that even though I pronounced the word "fish" like "pish," that I still beat their asses in spelling and math. :). So everybody thought I was advanced, and I got to skip the 5th grade.
2. I dance in my living room. I pretend I'm on stage, and I dance to latest hits or older songs. When I was younger, my sis and cousins and I would always perform at parties or in school. I enjoyed that very much so I love reminiscing. It's actually one of my "happy" places.
3. I get off on gift-wrapping. I LOVE, LOVE to giftwrap!! I really don't know why, but I think maybe it has something to do with picturing the receiver's face when they see the presentation. Sometimes I get mad that I have tons of wrapping paper but no boxes. Then, what I do is put the gifts in random objects like a shoe box or a perfume container. That would really surprise the receiver!
4. I am both an early bird and a night owl. I can wake up at 7:00 a.m. or earlier and have tons of energy, and I can also watch T.V. or read till midnight.
5. I will die if my house catches on fire. You know what I'll be trying to save when there's a fire? All of my scrapbooks and photos. I have TONS! I better check the batteries on my fire alarms!!
6. I don't remember the first time I met my fiance. Gil and I met sometime in high school (we went to different schools) through our mutual best guy friend. But neither Gil nor Mike nor I remember that particular day. It's funny trying to tell that story....
7. My worst fear is ghosts. When a family member dies, I pray to both God and that person not to visit me. Yes, writing this is causing me to have goose bumps!!
YESSSS, there IS texture!! I LOVE IT!!!
here's another one (also by Rhonna Farrer):
add an apple laptop to my "things i give up for the wedding list." DINNGGGITT!!!!
Supplies used--Kraft paper: ?; Modeling Paste: Golden; Green Cardstock: ?; Fabric painted with acrylic paint by me from class project by Traci Bautista; Embossed Title: Dymo; Swirl: Cosmo Cricket; Brads: Making Memories; Tab punched from paper: Creative Imaginations; Heart pins: Heidi Grace Designs; Ribbon: May Arts; Metal Flower: Chiquita Charms from Imaginisce; Pens: Micron and Sharpie; Hearts cut out from class project by Traci Bautista.
Supplies used--Scalloped Paper: Creative Imaginations; Dotted Paper: ?; Purple paper & Fabric: Painted with watercolors and drawn on with crayons (Traci Bautista class); Flower: Prima; Saying and "Memories" stickers: Flavia by Color Bok; Pens: Sharpie poster paint; Letter Stickers: Thickers by American Crafts; Photo Corners: cut from ? paper.
So my list consists of:
1. Palm Treo 750 cell phone.
2. Digital / SLR camera.
3. A Birthday Present from Fiance.
4. Scrapbooking supplies down to $100 per month.
5. New Clothes.
With that in mind, I wanted to do a simple lay-out. My last lay-out had like 20 different supplies. This one had 9. Here's the result from yesterday, and it features my lovely niece, Angelina. We had a photo session, and I was disappointed with the way the pics came out. Even with her mom holding a lamp, there just wasn't enough light, and I didn't like the quality of the pics. I used to be really good at photography...
But the pics still captured her beautiful smile. And that's what counts! And maybe by the time I have a baby, I'll have that camera!
Supplies used--Cardstock: ?; Black and white paper: Doodlebug Design Inc.; Pens: Micron; Flower: Prima; Pebble Brads: Making Memories; Ribbon: ?; Rub-on: 7 gypsies; Word Coasters: Imagination Project Gin-X; Circle: Cosmo Cricket; Letters: Thickers by American Crafts.
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Supplies used-- Paper: Autumn Leaves; Strips of Paper: KI Memories, Autumn Leaves; Paper Clip: K & Company; Floral brads: K & Company; Pins: Heidi Grace Designs; Scalloped Paper: Scenic Route; Rub-on: Autumn Leaves; Pen: Micron.
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Supplies used-- Background paper: Jeneva and Company in Dotted Flowers; Strips of cardstock: Heidi Grace Designs from Fiskars in Glittered Paper, Mini Decor Stripe; Pink strips and tag: Autumn Leaves in Haute Spots; Letters: Lemonade Stand by Heidi Swapp; Tiger Lily flower: Trade Winds Collection from Imaginisce; Photo Corner: Heidi Swapp; Metal flower: Chiquita charms by Imaginisce; Transparency: Fanci-ful Additionz from Junkitz; Stamp: 7 gypsies; Pen: Micron.
Supplies used-- Cardstock: Bazzill; Paper: K & Company Classic K McKenna Floral Paisley Glittered Paper; Flowers: Prima; Letters: KI Memories; Tag and Photo Corners: Daisy Bucket Designs; Flower charm: K & Company; Lined Paper: Scenic Route Paper; Stitches stickers: Cloud 9 Design; Pen: Micron.
For Carl-tot's 30th (shh, Jo!):