Friday, January 31, 2014

Gong Hey Fat Choy!!! And Farewell to Y&FH.

Gong Hey Fat Choy! Happy Chinese New Year!!

We don't really celebrate although I am a sixteenth or even 1/32nd Chinese .. but we have adopted acknowledging this special day in January and recognizing the Chinese Zodiac characters! This year is the Year of the Horse!! My sister-in-law is also Vietnamese (who celebrates it as well) and I have a couple of best friends who are Chinese so I wanted to make a special post about it!

IMG_0338

I've got a card featuring lots of Asian components. That beautiful background paper is from Japan, and I bought it at the Rubber Stamp Convention last year. I love the fan, bird, bamboo, dragonfly stickers made by David Walker. And this gorgeous stamp is from Yumi and Fumi Handmade - Fumi with Gift.

IMG_0340

Now Fumi is actually Japanese, but Y&FH always encouraged cultural diversity so I thought of them first when making my Chinese New Year card.

I am not quite sure if you've heard or seen the post on their blog or their Facebook page here. The company will be on hiatus, and so will the DT and challenges. :(

I am quite sad about it. But it is what's best for the company and its owners, Renate and Leanne.


It's been such a blast designing for this company. They have been supportive and laid back, and are always understanding and welcoming. They treated the DT with the utmost respect and they cherished our creations. They loved their customers and of course, their stamps. I sincerely hope the company will be back. But if not, I will always treasure my Y&FH stamps and being part of the Yumi and Fumi Handmade Ohana.


These lovely banners were made by Renate! So amazing, don't you think? Renate always made the best winner badges! And speaking of, the last challenge (#30) ends tonight at 9 pm PST. It would mean so much if you could join us one last time! See more details here and here.

Love,




P.S. I'm featured on this post at Y&FH! Please check it out.





1 comment:

kanatanewf said...

Gorgeous as always, Rinne!!!