Good evening, everyone!
I hope you all had an interesting 12/12/12 today. I found some interesting facts about today's date:
1. It's the last sequential date for this century.
2. A lot of people got married today for many believe today's date symbolizes luck and love. (One of my BFFs got married on 10/10/10. Another friend was married on 08/08/08 and that same friend gave birth on 09/09/09!!!!).
3. Many believe it's doom's day as well. A different interpretation of the Mayan calendar's end of the world date of 12/21/12.
4. Palindrome lovers will have a hayday at certain times of the day - like 12:12 and 12 seconds for example.
5. In Chinese numerology, the number 1 represents independence and individualism; it is ruled by the sun and is a yang. The number 2 represents symmetry and balance; it is ruled by the moon and is a ying. When put together, the number 12 brings harmony. It balances the masculinity of the sun with the femininity of the moon. A lot prayed for world peace today.
6. 12 is such a big number everywhere - from the 12 days of Christmas to the eggs sold as a dozen to the 12 months of the year. And of course, the 12 hours that I work!
Today was a work day for me, but I called in as one of the tots was sick with a cough and a fever. But I wanted to commemorate this special day anyway by doing something simple.
I found Dear Lizzy's 12 on 12.
(image from Dear Lizzy)
The goal was to take 12 random pics throughout the day. I just played around with my phone as it was the easiest.
1. My fave lotion.
2. My three boys playing with the iPad.
3. I cooked one of Mattie's faves - hotdog with ketchup (it's a Filipino thaanng).
4. Preview of my card post for Sunday.
5. Christmas cards. (can someone say p-r-o-c-r-a-s-t-i-n-a-t-i-o-n?).
6. A shot of the sky.
7. Bacon/sea salt chocolate bar. (mmmmmmmm.....)
8. Twilight ornament of Bella and Edward's wedding. (Oh yes, I did!!)
9. Sick tater tot on the couch. (poor guy :().
10. Quote of the day.
11. Oli watching an aquarium (this was really the other day).
12. Handmade ornament I made as favors for our department Holiday party.
Whew....I haven't written a long post in a while! Thanks for visiting! I'd love to hear what you did today!