Friday, April 11, 2014

Nurses.

Hi everyone!

Today, C.C. Designs has a new release! There is a special celebration coming in May other than Mother's Day.

But first, I wanted to announce the winner of the CCD's 7th Birthday Blog Hop winner from my blog. It's Katya! Katya, please email Christine at christine@ccdesignsrubberstamps.com and put "blog hop winner" on the subject line! Congratulations!

And now the release: Nurses' Day/ Week is in May so these lovelies are out just in time!! These special stamps hold a dear place in my heart. Not only are they adorable, they are also sweet and I think the images and sentiments capture what Nursing is all about! I work as a Pediatric Registered Nurse, and so much of my career defines who I am. I love that I am blending both my chosen career as an RN and my "job" as a crafter/ Design Team member(s).

First, I have Nurse Nancy. Although she is dressed in the older and more traditional white uniform of Nursing, she is endearing and modest and I love that expression of warmth on her face. I colored her up in one of the trendy colors of today (& also my current favorite), which is mint!

IMG_0581

When I created the card, I was still in a CAS (clean and simple) type of mood. The card is layered very minimally, and I stopped adding papers when I saw the cool design made from those graphic lines. I laid down some puffy stickers and stuck that wonderful sentiment from the stamp set, For the Nurses. I must say that I really LOVE this card!

IMG_0582

The next card I'm going to show you is of Feel Better. Action images are so cool, aren't they? They really test how amazing the artist is. This one defines how just a simple touch and eye contact could mean so much. I am quite proud to have a profession that is known to be caring and kind.

IMG_0577

Again, this is more relevant of past times. You hardly ever see nurses in dresses and caps anymore (at least in the United States), but isn't vintage "in?" The gentleman's clothes are also reminiscent of past times. For this retro card, I chose to embellish with the stamp set, Candy Doodads Sticky Poo. Isn't that name AWESOME? hehe. That's a Band-Aid at the bottom, I think ... you could do so much with that!

IMG_0576

For my final card, it's time to showcase Nurse Lucy. She's a bit more modern, even in her dress. I, then, created a scene using more puffy Kawaii stickers and cut up pictures of a city to mimic a landscape.

IMG_0583

Too bad these last photos were blurry. ;)

IMG_0587

Thanks so much for visiting! These stamps are not only perfect for that special caregiver in your lives, they would also work well for "Get Well" cards! Please visit the C.C. Designs blog to view the release and for more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team members.

Tata,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love these so much.. I am a nurse too and would love to put some up in the nurses station for nurses day. Do u sell these?