Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Blooms.

IMG_4722

Good afternoon, folks!

For today's card, I was feeling more of that Spring fever. And that means lots of blooms! Used more of Cathy's felt flowers. Just can't get enough of these beauties. I also tried my hand at rolled flowers...a first for me. It was a total disaster (it's the striped one with pink and orange), but I kinda like how 'jagged' the petals look. Then, I fussy-cute the roses and other flowers out to add to the bundle.

The image is from Some Odd Girl's Noveau Girl (Bliss). The ribbon is from Amy, and the papers/ lace ribbon are from my stash.

Although, I'm making lots of Spring-themed cards, I'm hoping that this coming week won't get too warm! We are going for a little road trip to Lake Tahoe later this week, where we'll be playing in the snow with some close friends. It should be lots of fun! I'll be sure to share pics, and I've got a couple of posts lined up. Have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

Susan said...

Hey Rinne!

My goodness, we kind of lost touch! Well, your card is very pretty and I think the flower turned out really nice. I've been wanting to try doing one too but I'm at a point that my mind is doing more creating than my hands! I have been seeing your cards over at CCC blog though! Everytime I see one I smile because yours are always so perfect! ;) I have been doing quite a few of the CCC cards but I haven't posted them. I keep missing the cutoff, ugh! lol!

Have a blast in Tahoe! My son is a ski/snowboard instructor for kids at Northstar. Oh to be young and footloose! Enjoy and have a safe trip!

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Creations by Shirl said...

Your card is pretty Rinne~
And I think you did a great job on those hand rolled flowers.... It takes some practicing but I used junky paper and played around several attempts until I got it to be what I wanted.... I also use a toothpick when I rolling it, for me it easy... Go on you-tube their is so much tutorials on hand rolled flowers that's how I got my ideas....Good luck

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Rinne!! I love the look of your hand-rolled flower!! I have to use a quilling tool to help me roll them!! The image is fabulous and your coloring is just amazing!!

I hope you have a great time at Lake Tahoe!! Take lots of pictures!! I'm love it there...I'm going in late summer :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

eva said...

oh so pretty!! love the colors and flowers and your coloring is just awesome too!

yyam said...

So sweet! I really love your colour choices here! :)

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So pretty! I love the colors and that flower by Cathy is so cute!

Have fun in Tahoe!

Amy said...

Bloom is GORGEOUS Rinne! Love the colors and mix of textures, you are the Queen of Textures! The flowers are beautiful and I think your rolled rose looks perfect...you are much too hard on yourself! Beautiful card!