Sunday, February 5, 2012

Make Your Own Background



Good Sunday morning, everyone!!

My Sundays are reserved for Christmas Card Challenges on my blog, and this 10th week is all about making your own background.

A lot of the other Design Team members did beautiful embossing. But since I have yet to own one of those embossing/ die-cutting machines, I decided to play with some ink to make some clouds/ sky.



IMG_4616

I used some Tim Holtz distress ink and a cloud stencil that I cut myself. Learned the technique from Amy, but I couldn't find the exact link.

I used another stamp from the SCRS Karber Fairy Set. The papers and snowflakes are from Bo Bunny. I hand-wrote the sentiment. The ribbons and bling are from my stash.

I hope you can play with us this week! Just think of all the Holiday cards you'd have made come December!!! One less thing to stress about, am I right?! :)

Please visit the Christmas Card Challenges blog for more details and to see the other DT's fab cards!

And if you're watching the SuperBowl, have a great time! I'm not really rooting for any team as the Niners didn't make it. But I'll be peeking in on the game and eating lots of chips and dip.... maybe craft at the same time too! Woot woot!!

Love,




6 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Cute Karber card, love how she's floating above the clouds..... and love your hand written sentiment....
hOPE you are having a super Sunday....

SuiLan said...

Good job on the clouds... I'll search for that post to learn it. Great coloring and your handwritten sentiments are awesome!

eva said...

wow, love the clouds background you create! very soft and fluffy! yeah, the food is about all i enjoy during super bowl sunday. that and the mall is less crowded. hehe.

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Rinne!! The cloud technique is fabulous!! You did such a great job with them!! And I love the pretty angel!! :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Oooh, the cloud background turned out perfect and really makes that sweet angel look like she is flying high! What a fun Christmas card this is!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Wow! I love the background you created! I need to try that too!