Saturday, May 25, 2013

Dancing Ginger.

IMG_8713

Hello everyone!

Here's a card I made to showcase Time for Tea Design's Ginger Dancing digi.

With Ginger's hair and bib dress, she could be very well from a previous time. She could also be from today's fashion as these trends revolved and are very "now." But I decided to make another vintage card, and found this old Graphic 45 patterned paper. Yes on using stash!

I wish my coloring shows you how her back is concave and hunched over to show her dance stance. I don't know about you, but I'm addicted to watching "So You Think You Can Dance", and Joanna's creation reminds me of ball room dancing. Salsa, anyone? Maybe even a little bit of Paso Doble?

I loved the big band scene of the Graphic 45 paper, but I also wanted to brighten it up. So I added contrasting paper behind (also stash). It was hard for me to color gold but I added some metallic rub-ons aroud the stamp. The picture doesn't do it justice but it's pretty sparkly in real life. And it ties in with the gold parts.

I added washi and a flower embellishment and voila!

IMG_8718

XOXO,

1 comment:

Time For Tea Designs said...

Oh wow Rinne I love this!! It's just how I imagined her to be used in the old style dance halls and such! Gorgeous! <3 x