Monday, November 2, 2009

Designing and Christmas!



Happy Monday, everyone! My Santa Ian card is for two challenges:

1. Basic Grey Challenge. It is a photo inspiration:



Thought I'd mimick the blinds effect :). A bit shabby chic, and I love those stripes!

2. Christmas Card Challenge #48 at Sparkle's blog. The idea was to incorporate multiple squares.

Now I think it's such a cool deal to get to make cards AND enter them in these challenges! Such fun! And decorating is another one of my hobbies, so it was great to combine two in one. See more about this at the end of the post.

Supplies:
CS- Bazzill
PP- Cosmo Cricket (red background), Rusty Pickle (stripes)
Tags- Basic Grey
Stickers- s.e.i.
Brads- Basic Grey
Other- Copics, Ribbon, Stickles, Gina K cardstock.

Here's a close-up of the stickles & the folds:





I wanted to share with you a favorite picture of a room found in my favorite magazine, Domino. Unfortunately, it went out of publication.



Love those yellow stripes! And I designed my baby's room accordingly so.



I am on a roll this week as far as winning blog candies! I won Joseph. Am hoping that the third luck's a charm and I'll win this at Amy's blog! Can't wait till tonight when we get to buy them!!!

5 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a cute card! I love the glitter on Ian's belt.

Amy said...

VERY cool Christmas card, that paper folding technique looks incredible!
And I miss Domino too, that mag was so inspiring!

Randi said...

LOVE what you did with the challenge! Such a perfect match!!
Those colors are wonderful for the holiday card!!
I love Amy's fairies! I bought them all! I cannot wait to see what you create with them!

Ady said...

I love the walls on your baby's room. Beautiful... I'll be rooting that you win that blog candy.

Anonymous said...

I love your card! Such a cute image and the details are fantastic! Thanks for joining us at BG Challenges,

Anthea & the BG Team :)