Saturday, December 5, 2009

Cards for Kids



I was really touched when I read about Cards for Kids at Jennifer McGuire's blog.



As a Pediatric nurse, I see how devastating it is for kids to be sick. Yet they are resilient and strong. And it would be so nice and uplifting to receive cards from total strangers rooting you on!

I am making cards for 4-year-old Gavin & his family. This card will actually be for his sister as I need to make more cards for boys (so hard for me!). Anyway, take a look at that sweet smile! I encourage you all to send cards to these brave and inspiring kiddos this Holiday season.



The coloring of this Elf Anya was inspired by Mary's purple and silver card! Used kol laj for the DSP, Hambly for the clear sticker, and Martha Stewart for the tag. The tree stamp is from Purple Onion Designs and I won it at the creative & quirky Sunghee's blog! It was my very first blog prize :). I also used scrapper's floss for the tree's trimmings!

2 comments:

Randi said...

Another amazing creation Rinne! I love the purple haired elf! And the collage-y elements!! Everything looks so perfect together! You are such a rockstar for making these for the kids!! What a kind gesture!

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is so cute! I love her all in purple!