Sunday, June 24, 2012

Funky Holiday Card.

IMG_5959-1

Hola!

I was in the mood for creating a funky card this week. I seem to always go for super graphic brands like BamPop or Hambly (the Christmas trees shown here). I mixed it with unexpected elements like a flower on a card with a male image (from Some Odd Girl), & you get an even more eclectic creation.

Quite different for a Holiday card, eh? And isn't that flower awesome? For Christmas Card Challenges # 30, the assignment is to include rolled flowers.

It's made from a palm leaf, I believe. I bought it from my LSS & it was made by a local artist. Here's another view of it:

IMG_5962

Make sure you visit the blog to see the other DT's work for more inspiration. And speaking of Hambly, did you know that they are going out of business? :(

I went to their final sale and got a bunch of overlays in bulk. Stay tuned as I may be selling away some or even hosting a give-away.

Toodles!

3 comments:

Arabella said...

Fabulous card Rinne! I love the trees and that flower is awesome! So cute!

Arabella

eva said...

hey rinne! i like the black over the color! looks cool! great card!

KanataNewf said...

fabulously funky!