Monday, October 7, 2013

World Card Making Day card.

Hi all!

First, I'd like to apologize for the smallness and quality of the pics -- During my vacay, I forgot my nice camera (gasppppppp!). I'm so sad that I've become so dependent on my phone cam that it didn't even occur to me to pack my Canon along for the trip. I suck! Boo!

The following pics were taken on my iPhone for World Card Making Day which was on 10/6/13. I didn't know about the day this year until I was already in Orlando, and so I didn't have anything pre-posted. Nor did I bring any stamps, Copics, or paper. Believe me, I thought about crafting something while on the trip, but I knew I'd be tired from the work conference, my kiddies, and our trips to the parks. I also wanted to concentrate on reading the book I brought. "Where'd You Go, Bernadette?" was really a fun, ecclectic read.

But I did, however, bring my current planner. I also wanted to somehow start a "Filofax" sort of system where you organize and decorate your calendar posts with stickers and doodles and all sorts of goodness. If you're instagram, you've probably seen this phenomenon. So I brought colorful pens (for taking notes at the conference too) and kawaii-style stickers as well as one washi tape.



These were really my only supplies, besides the coasters I found for glasses and the scissors and thread from my travel sewing kit.



I didn't have any glue or tape so at first, I tried sewing on some planner paper onto a nursing school brochure (my cardstock). That was a mess and took forever. I even broke the cheap/ tiny needle in half! So I just taped on the paper haphazardly. I didn't want to waste the washi as you can see above. LOL!

I decided to make a card for my hubby who we missed terribly and who admitted he was lonely without us. It must've been hard for him to be apart from us for 6 days although I know he enjoyed it as well. He was always wearing his beloved tanks and parked in front of football or baseball!



And here's the finished card! Even I have a threshold on cuteness and these bunny and macaroon-themed puffy stickers were making me nauseous! Ha ha! I am sure my hubby would agreen ten-fold but I was happy I got a WCMD card done from thousands of miles away from home with almost no supplies to boot!




Have a wonderful Monday, friends!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Seriously so impressed Rinne! I don't know that I'd be able to pull a card together out of all that- you rock :) Hugs to you!! Katie