Saturday, August 25, 2007

Going to the chapel......



...gonna get married!!! Not me, but my friends L & J are! I'm so excited because I will be getting hitched at the same church next year. I definitely will picture how it would be like for me to walk down that aisle!! :)

Today will be a full day, and during the next couple of days, I will be in Tahoe celebrating a colleague / friend's 50th birthday! She owns a cabin up there and has invited fellow nurses...it'll be so much fun! I could use a little break from it all. I've been in a slump lately and I hope the freshness of this place will rub off on me!! Ha ha!

There's a big age difference there, but I like having friends that are way older than I am. A couple of weeks ago, a friend and I met with some co-workers who are older. Their perspective on life is inspiring--one of them is going through cancer right now. They even gave us advice on getting married and internet dating. It was definitely very fun!



But back to my friend K's birthday. What to get, what to get for a woman who can afford everything? She once said she does nursing because it's her hobby! HA!! Wish I could say the same, except I have, like, a FREAKING mortgage like the average person!! Well, everyone could use a massage, right?! (I know I do!). We got her gift certificates to La Belle day spa. And for a hostess gift, I got her this leaf bowl platter. I love Crate and Barrel! I think we'll be registering there for the wedding!

Looking forward to a full weekend, but sad that I won't be able to scrap. Here are some projects I finished yesterday.




(Both are from the Label Tulip Playhaus & Recess kit)

And the start of my version of the daily cards....my Daily Candy. It's a pic of me and M when we were 13...it reminded me of all of our boy troubles and how we swore them off when were 16, even writing out a contract to give up on them! *LOL!* I heard from her yesterday, and we've come so far. She's happily single (she's always been so independent!) and I'm blissfully engaged! Liking these little, artful "diaries." (Today's was the first pic up there!).

Have a great weekend, everyone!!

No comments: