Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Card

IMG_9980

Good morning!

Before I discovered stamps, I used to create cards using pictures. For example, see this blog post about thanking my girlies for my bachelorette weekend.

So for Jo's daughter's birthday, I wanted to make one using her pic. Not just her pic, but elements from the actual invitation (did anyone say UPCYCLING? LOL!). Jo had the great idea of making "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" as M's party theme!

Before I had Mattie, I hadn't really read the book but had bought some art papers inspired or marketed by Eric Carle. I was so bummed when I couldn't find them. I had probably thrown them away when we moved!

So I just grabbed this red polka dotted paper by October Afternoon and found this ribbon with "holes" bought from Babies 'R Us. There are a couple of apple stickers from K&Company -- I took these and the cut-outs from the invites and punched holes in them. Just like the caterpillar ate holes in all those food! :)

See you soon!

2 comments:

Amy said...

This is super creative and totally adorable my friend! The punched out holes totally pull it all together... fab card! :)

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

We love her card! Thanks so much! Love your knack for re-purposing! :)