Thursday, August 1, 2013

New DT gig at Yumi & Fumi Handmade!!


Good Thursday morn', all!!

Can you believe it's August already?? I can't! Wasn't it just Christmas a while back? :)

I've got big news here in BlogLand! I've landed a spot on the Yumi and Fumi Handmade Design Team!




I'm on Team Yumi, as the DT is divided into two teams. We'll explain more about that later! But can I just tell you that I'm super excited to be a part of this? You all know how much I love Hawaii, that the islands are my happy place! And the Y&FH stamps remind me so much of that beautiful place and its people.

Being born in the Philippines and coming to the states in my elementary school years were not easy. I struggled to find role models on TV and looked for people who looked like me and who I could relate to. Eventually, I became color blind and less culturally aware. That did not stop me from being proud of my heritage though, and I love how the Y&F stamps kinda look like me -- mostly Filipino, some Chinese, and a little bit of Spanish.

And what I love about these stamps are they are so relatable. At least for me! I wear flip flops almost year round! I wore uniforms to school!

Anyway, enough with the rambling.... here's a list of my Design Team mates on Team Yumi (you'll meet Team Fumi on the Y&FH blog tomorrow!). In the mean time, meet:

Rosie (DT coordinator),

Lisa,

Corinne --- You are here!,

Olivia,

Maja aka Cebelica

and Leanne (Owner/ DT Coordinator), who is stepping in until they can find another DT.

See you folks soon!!

2 comments:

kanatanewf said...

Congrats on the new DT spot, Rinne! I'm looking forward to seeing your Y&FH creations!

Leanne said...

Aww!! Welcome! Welcome Corinne!! I'm so happy you've found a home with us. I look forward to all of your lovely creations and love your enthusiasm!! Mahalo sister!
:D
xx
\nm/