Tuesday, September 3, 2013

i LOVE Astro Tobie!

Hello, everyone!! I've got two SOG-y cards to show ya today! Let's get started now, shall we?

The first one is of Astro Tobie, the newest digi stamp release over at Some Odd Girl!

I just love this stamp! I have this thing for astronauts! My sis, Kristine, had wanted to be an astronaut for years! Mattie was an astronaut for his first Halloween! So I was ecstatic when Kristy made this image!

IMG_9389

I gotta admit that I love how this card came out. I really do love making scenic cards, and I was so relieved to find more of this October Afternoon Rocketship line!!! After all, I used a whole bunch on this other astronaut project for PWCO. (I made that album while I was still preggo with Oli so astronauts definitely bring out something very sentimental in me :)).

IMG_9392

And lookie here! I even gave Tobie a real helmet! Haha! Y'all remember this technique, right? Yup! Glossy Accent glue!

The other DT gals also have got a new cut file to show ya! Star Fall Background Cut File can be seen in the blogs of Vera, Anna, Rachel, MP, Leah C.
Astro Tobie can be seen in the blogs of MP, Judy, Leah C.

In other news, there's a fun challenge going on at the SOG Ning Community! Make a project using a sentiment only (it has to be prominent!). Play by 9/8, 8 pm EST and you can win a 3x4 stamp and a CHA catalog! Such great prizes!!

Here's my take:

IMG_9367

Of course, it had to be something I could color. This card is very much vintage like. And I just realized that the tone of the above cards make those look a bit vintage-y too!

IMG_9368

Enjoy today!!

2 comments:

Leah's Crafty Life said...

oooh Rinne, I absolutely LOVE how you colored up Tobie.. your card is fabulous! (both of them)

Thanh Vo said...

Ohhhhhhh, Rinnie, I love the depth of this card!!! You've made it just POP for me. So awesome.