Sunday, July 17, 2011

ABAC - Mini-album

Good Sunday morning, err'body!

IMG_1205

My good and talented friend, Suzy West, was working at my LSS one day. She told me about Basically Bare books as she is an endorsed educator.

I thought it'd be a brilliant idea to make my little boys a mini album for my ABAC project (Anything but a card) at PWCO this week.

IMG_1202

I went ahead and used up some more of OA's Rocket Age papers and stickers. I've said it before but I think they go so well with the TinHeart family stamps from PWCO. For the cover, I dug deep into my stash and found copper brads and metallic letters to go along with the theme.

IMG_1206

Each page has blank areas for pictures or notes. I've yet to 'personalize' them but I'm so happy to have gotten the album done before my second son's birth. Now all I gotta do is print some pics from the zillion that I took. I'm so bad at that..pictures just seem to accumulate in the camera or the computer!!

IMG_1211

Up there is a page for Mattie, my explorer. Always on the GO! :)

Tried to use up items that I already have: some more robot stickers, twine, old liquid art paint. As you can see on the next page, the style of embellishment placement is pretty random. How perfect for my life right now...HaHA! Organized chaos! LOL!

IMG_1217

Here's a page for Oliver. That spaceship mobile is cool! Wish I could find one in real life for his crib! And I thought the teddy bear sticker was so cute!

IMG_1220

The book had some cool pages included in it. Like up there on the left is a semi-clear page. You could see the patterned paper from the other side. The right one has a canvas, especially wonderful for you sewers out there. As you can tell, that is not me, as I've gotten as far as sewing three buttons and gave up, haha! Thought it was still cool how you can stamp up Jam TinHeart and even paint on it!

IMG_1222

IMG_1224

Decorated the kraft envelopes. Perfect for hidden notes or momentos!

IMG_1225

There's a page I added for some family pics or just pics of Mommy and Daddy!

IMG_1226

Thanks so much for visiting! I hope my boys will like it, I sure had fun putting it together!

Supplies Used:

Stamps- PWCO's TinHeart Family
Buckley, Jam, & Peppy.

Book-
Basically Bare Funky Findings album.

PP- October Afternoon's Rocket Age. Rusty Pickle. Creative Imaginations.

Stickers- October Afternoon's Rocket Age. Sandy Lion.

Twine- Martha Stewart. Pink Paislee.

Misc- Hambly washi tape. American Crafts buttons. Bo Bunny Wraps ribbons. Making Memories brads. Kraft paper. Gold charm. Sewing thread. DecoArt liquid paint.
Memento Ink (tuxedo black). Copics.

WHEW!!! Thanks for reading this long and photo-heavy post! And don't forget that reveal time at PaperWorks Co. will be this Saturday, 7/23, 9 AM (Mountain time). There'll be a blog hop amongst all the DT members. There'll be lots of LOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE in the air! You wouldn't want to miss it!!!




See you later!


5 comments:

yyam said...

Goodness! This is adorable!!! :) How lucky are the boys!

sunghee said...

Oh my goodness, Corinne! This is soo fab! Great use of PWCO robot stamps. Super cute album! You are such an awesome mom!!!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

I love this mini album! The papers & stamps are perfect for the boys! Now, get ready for them to fight over who gets to keep it! :)

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Amazing, of course! I may have to try this out.
Hugs
Tanya

Brenda said...

seriously amazing mini-album!