Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cards & Photography

IMG_0420

Good Thursday morning, everybody!

Hope you are all doing well! I've got a busy day ahead of me. I have to drive to the city and get re-certified in CPR and BLS (Basic Life Support). Hoping that won't take more than 2-3 hours.

Then, I'm planning on catching up on my DVR ... Glee, American Idol (although now I 'm really sad that my last favorite, James, is out), America's Next Top Model, etc.

Can't wait for the latter part :).

Today, I've got SOG's Balloon Kaylee wishing a future card recipient a Happy Birthday! The bunting PP is from Lily Bee Designs, the swirly PP is from KI Memories (Love, Elsie). The tag is from American Crafts, and the cool buttons are from Pebbles. I'm sorry, I forgot where the flower brads are from, but I got it from a Studio Calico kit. The washi tape is from MT Deco.

For Tiff Guam's post, she talked about how she takes pics of her cards/ creations. Thought I'd do the same here. I have a Canon 40 D with a stock lens. I usually take my pics in my craft room during daylight, right next to the window. I place my cards on the arm rest of a chair. I use the custom modes (usually C1 or C2) and just go into the AWB for automatic white balance. I'm a big fan of natural light and I go to flickR to edit my photos.

Except for rotating the card and cropping it, I didn't edit this card at all (also added the watermark though). I like the bright light of the 8:20 morning sun today and the shadows it created. I rarely use flash.

I'd love to hear how you take pics of your cards as well!

Luv,

4 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just adorable!

yyam said...

Awww...cute!

P/s: I'm sad that James is out too...

KanataNewf said...

Totally IN LOVE with this card. Her red hair is just perfect.

Amy said...

Love how you are rockin' the SOG cuties... Balloon Kaylee is such a doll here and I love the papers you paired with her!

For taking pics of my cards, I have a Nikon D40 with a 50mm lens that I have to shoot in manual with. I love this lens because it pulls in so much light and lets me take nice bright pics day or night. I just set my cards up on a light box, shine my Ott light on them and go to town. :)