Monday, July 12, 2010

Aloha

Photobucket

Aloha!

Aloha - means Hello and Goodbye in Hawaiian....

For today's card, I was inspired to try my hand at using up these 'realistic' PP -- like what Amy has been doing here to make her awesome-as-usual scenes! Really creative.

I think mixing the 'realness' of the elements of the sand, sky, and ocean and the cartoon-ish features of H&G Sing ended up really cool.

The patterned papers are bought in a local scrapbooking store in Maui. I think they are from a brand called Island Paperie.

I am really excited for our trip to Hawaii this coming fall. The islands are one of my favorite places on Earth. You know when people tell you to think of your safe haven in order to get you to relax? Well, mine's Hawaii :).

Here's an old lay-out I did about 2-3 years ago....



Thanks for visiting! Aloha!

7 comments:

KanataNewf said...

wow - I thought you had incorporated a real photo in your card. Looks terrific.

Anonymous said...

That scene on your card is amazing!! And the lo is beautiful!! I love the soft blue against the darker background.

Sparkplug17 said...

Such lovely projects!

Ady said...

What a beautiful realistic card... I love Hawaii, I visited 5yrs ago on my honeymoon and had such a wonderful experience. Great picture of the hammock. Mahalo... LOL

yyam said...

Very lovely background on your card! Looks realistic indeed! :)

Email the pics to me at yvonne.yam@gmail.com.

Amy said...

OMGosh, this is so much better than anything I've done! It's so realistic looking, I'd say you took a pic of sing in front of the ocean! Gorgeous card, Rinne!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

I love the card! Makes me wish for Hawaii.... *sigh* And you already know I love your layout. :)