Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Card for Olivia

IMG_2237

Hello, hello!

This card is for a very special little lady. Her name is Olivia. Instead of having her first day of Kindergarten, she has to go through surgery as she was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor. :(



Such a beautiful girl... heard that she had been delighted over a few emails wishing her well. Won't you join me in making her feel even better with a homemade card? I found out about her through Yvonne's blog that Olivia's aunt, Stacey, is organizing a card drive. You can find all the information on how to send her a card here.

Being a pediatric nurse, I am often asked how I could do my job and see sick kids everyday. Mind you, it is hard but with time, I've learned to give the best care I could but leave my work at work. Otherwise, I will be a wreck and what good will I be to my patients and family? But what keeps me going are these kids. Children are resilient -- they may have chronic illnesses but put them in playroom and they're just like the healthy kids... full of spunk, a burst of energy, so much laughter! They make my job so rewarding.

In my line of work, I've actually taken care of little ones with brain tumors. It will not be an easy course. These cards will bring Olivia so much hope and her family will feel less alone.

So if you are going to make a card anyway, please think of this special card drive. What I love about this hobby is how we all inspire each other. So I'm hoping that we pass on the word to help those in need in any way, shape, or form. I think crafting is such a wonderful way to express well wishes and spread hope, don't you? :)

Thanks for listening,


2 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

This is super cute! I love the papers and brads! Your coloring looks great! This is one of my favorites of your cards!

yyam said...

This is such a cute card! Love the shades of blue! And your awesome coloring!

Thank you so much for making a card for Olivia and spreading the word through your blog! You have such a good heart Rinne! :)