Thursday, August 4, 2011

Week 2

Hi guys!

For Week Two on TGF's Heart Journaling, we are to create using Sand, Sea, Beach as the theme.




IMG_1952

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm about forty-five minutes from the water, yet when someone mentions beach, I don't think of the nearby bay. I've never even swam in it (just waded). It is cold and gray!

Rather, I always picture the beaches of Hawaii. Butter-soft sand, clear blue-green waters.... aaahhhhhh.....

To make my page(s), I cut out some handmade papers I had from Traci's class for my elements. (I've used this paper before for an 'ocean' - you may remember the paper from my card here).

I wanted lots of dimension and textures so the painted papers made up the sky, the sun, and the waves. For the beach, I misted with Shimmerz Paints and sponged with Studio semi-gloss acrylic paint. I used Collage Pauge as the adhesive so you may see bits of sparkle.

The strips of papers with the pictures were part of an old album I made (also in Traci's class). A couple of pages were never adhered to the album so I used them here. I tucked a note in one of the pockets that said:

Hawaii--
the sand, sun, wind, and surf.
There's no place like it in the world.
And even though I've been there many times, I still always long to go.
So many beautiful sceneries. The water is so crystal clear. The sand is so buttery soft. I love Hawaii.


Did I mention that I love Hawaii?? LOL!!!

1 comment:

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

loving your art journaling!!!! perfect! :)