Sunday, February 28, 2010

Here Comes the ...P.I.G.



Happy Sunday, everyone! This may not look like your typical engagement card, but that's exactly what it is. It is full of hidden meanings which my friend loves to decipher.

I chose this stamp from TGF. Oh, why the pig for an engagement card you ask? Well, I figured that I will be making her a bridal shower card and a wedding card featuring pretty brides. The adorable pig is perfect now! And like I said, my newly-engaged friend is big on symbolism.

P.I.G.s was what we called our group in high school. Not because we were gluttonous by any means, but because we thought pigs were so cute. And P.I.G. stood for something. I don't wanna get into it now but I can tell you the 'I' stood for 'innocent.' Yes...call us dorks :).

There is a Heidi Swapp bling on the pig's left hand to symbolize the ring. There is also a Tiffany blue ribbon towards the bottom :). Then some of the balloons have blings as well to represent her friends who are married. She has asked us for advice. We will gladly support her and 'lift her up' during this fun but sometimes stressful 'journey' of planning a wedding. Not to mention getting hitched and staying hitched.

And this may sound corny but the dandelions in the wind symbolize wishes and dreams. Because through the many hardships that my girlfriend endured during her single years, this fiance has made her so happy throughout their relationship. I mean we can all relate right? It's not always easy to find the ONE.

But before this entry ends up sounding too much like a sappy love story, I better move on. Lastly, the coconut drink and the colorful paper stand for where their wedding will be! Somewhere TROPICAL!!!! I'm so happy for me...*ahem*, I mean my friend! Hee heee!!!

XO,




P.S. Patterned papers are from Cosmo Cricket and American Crafts.

5 comments:

Lalo said...

Cute card :) Makes my want a nice tropical drink myself yummmmm

Ady said...

Corinne, that card is so thoughtful that you put all those details that signify something to both of you. I'm sure she'll love it.

Randi said...

So cute!! Oh my that little tropical drink in his hand is the cutest ever!!! Love it!

Amy said...

This couldn't be more perfect Rinne... I loved reading about all the symbolism you added to it and I know your friend is going to adore it!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Awww! Congrats to M! What a perfect card for her engagement! :)