Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Strength from the Soul



I made this card for a very good friend who recently got her heart broken and had been depressed. Boo on boys that are stupid and selfish! That guy really needs a good butt-whopping!!! But I digress...

When K was telling me the story, she spoke of how she couldn't eat for a few days and that her heart hurt :(. She did not know if she could trust again. I could totally relate. I mean, who hasn't had their heart broken in one form or another. When it hurts all the way to your core? And how you manage to find deep in your soul the strength to get over it?

So I made her this card. I've had that fabric with the word "Soul" for a while now (from kol laj). And I used the Cosmo Cricket PP with dandelions. I love blowing dandelions and making wishes. That is what I hope for my friend -- that she finds the strength to move on and have lovely days full of wishes, hopes, and dreams.

This gorguss stamped image was given to me by Jo. I used Recollections pearls and a Martha Stewart punch for those XOXO's.

Happy Tuesday, everybody~

4 comments:

Amy said...

Such a beautiful card for your friend Rinne! I love the 'soul' fabric, perfect use for it!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card! You're such a good friend! Boo to dumb boys.

Randi said...

Incredible card Rinne! I especially love how you used the 'soul' fabric!! What a great card to give to your friend!

Randi said...

OH!! I posted a comment on your Haiti relief post! So breathtaking!!