Thursday, February 25, 2010

Oh Alice! Chapter One.



Happy Thursday to you! Can you believe it's the end of February? And that Christmas was two months ago?...I can't!

Let me talk to you now about today's card. I am just so IN LOVE with Alice in Wonderland. Am giving into the movie hype and am currently obsessed with everything Alice! And so, when the challenge blog Oh Alice! came along, I just knew I had to play! This is for the very first challenge, Chapter One: Down the Rabbit Hole.

The goal was to have this make-up kit as inspiration:


source

It's by Urban Decay, and lemme tell you folks...was I SORRY I deleted my Sephora junk emails! I missed buying it and had to go on Ebay to purchase it at a much more expensive deal! I swore off Ebay when I got burned years ago but that's a-whole-nother story!

Anyway, you can't tell from the small pic but that's Alice in the middle, and those mushrooms are 3-D. It is really a very beautiful collector's piece. And the make-up have names from the story!

So the first thing I wanted to focus on for my card were mushrooms. And I decided to make a little scene. It's also my very first easel card. I just adore this card, loved how it came out!

And as if the morning couldn't get any better, I went to Randi's and Traci's blogs and bought these. And not to worry, because of my stamping diet, I only bought two of the scenes. Besides...I also heard a rumor that TGF is *ahem* having some kind of TEA Party?? :) *big grin*

Have a stellar day!

10 comments:

Stephanie J said...

Love this!! Great job on the easel card; those 3-d mushrooms are too cool!

Jen Shults said...

Oh this is so cute! I love love love what you did with this and the 3-d effect is AWESOME!!!

Amy said...

Rinne this is FABULOUS! I don't think you could have found more perfect papers for this card... I love everything about it! :)

Lalo said...

I love mushrooms :) This card rocks :)

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is so gorgeous! I have this DP and have never thought of using this! Fabulous entry!
Thanks so much for joining us this week for Oh alice challenges.
Kristy x

Sammi said...

Hi Rinne! Gorgeous card! Love how you used those mushrooms!
Gorgeous Alice too!Thanks for joining in the first Oh, Alice challenge!
Sammi
xxx

Randi said...

SO CUTE!!! I love everything about it Rinne! The little Alice easel scene and the Cosmo Earth Love DP is just too perfect! Love that button! You are going to love the Elaine Alice images!! So glad you snagged a few! I cannot wait to see what cool things you create with them!

Tasha said...

Wonderful! I love the paper you have used its a perfect little scene
Thank you for joining us at Oh Alice!
love tasha xx

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

OMG, I think this might be my most favorite recent card of yours! So super adorable! :)

sunghee said...

oh oh oh!!! SO CUTE! I LOVE IT! I always love your color choice, and this I really adore!