Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sing Out Loud... Like No One is Listening.



One of my BFFs threw me a surprise party for my 14th birthday. There was pizza, boys, and singing! I was shy, but not too shy to perform a rendition of "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid :).

We shared a love for music. She was also in choir and had even frontlined a local band called Two Headed Turtle (yeah *pumps fist*). She is the kind of friend who had enough bravado for the both of us and has always pushed me to smile. So important for those awkward teenage years! I eventually loved showing off my braces & the high cheekbones that hit the bottom of my glasses (yes, I had both, EEEEEK!).

Fast forward to today, and music still plays a HUGE part in our lives. She loves karaoke, & I sing to my baby & patients everyday. Her birthday is coming up and I couldn't wait to use Chelsea for her card.

I have to say that she is my favorite out of Amy's Wild Sprouts creations. Her hair was so much fun to color (I went for the shiny effect here), and I adore that the sweater falls off of one shoulder. M loves the color yellow so it is infused all over. The checkered sticker from Sassafras serves as a 'stage.' The PP is from Basic Grey. The brads are from Cloud 9, and the label is from Martha Stewart. The sentiment is hand-written, and I am not sure where the pretty textured purple CS is from.

I have to admit that I really loved how this card turned out. Sometimes I end up keeping the cards that I really like instead of giving them away. But to my great friend, M, who had 'taught' me how to smile and encouraged me to always sing out loud: this one's for you!

Happy Sunday, everyone!

4 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card! She will love it!

Amy said...

Everyone needs a friend like that, she sounds awesome! So, of course, the card is awesome too! I love her shiney hair and the mix of happy papers, perfect sentiment too!

Randi said...

CUTE!! You never cease to amaze me Rinne! A singing nurse! What lucky patients you have!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

i love the sentiment behind the card! I think it's awesome you and M have a great history together and share a great love a music!

Love the card, girlie! So cute! :)