Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hope to Haiti


Ever since I saw this stamp, I knew I had to get it. Even though Ching-Chou Kuik's stamps aren't really my style, I fell immediately in love with Shining On. (And Randi has inspired me so much with the other Sweet Pea stamps, that I bought another one as well!).

It took me a while to color it. This stamp is just so beautiful that it will probably take a lot for me to mess it up :). I chose bright Copic colors because whenever I think of Haiti, I think of bright clothes. I used Stickles to exaggerate her wings. The PP are from Cosmo Cricket and My Little Shoebox. The flower is from Prima. The rub-on is from my stash. I like that it came with smudges but the letters stood out ... sort of meaning that through adversity, hope carries on.

And even if I can't give it to them now, this card is dedicated to my colleagues and friends who are volunteering to aid the people of Haiti. They are nurses and doctors I work with, and they are in Haiti for about two weeks. I wish them safety and the courage to work hard and provide medical care. And most of all, provide hope.

P.S. 50% of this stamp's proceeds go to Doctors Without Borders.

7 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

What a gorgeous card! I hope all your co-workers stay safe!

Ady said...

What a great card and a great way to help for a cause. I too hope they return safe and sound.

sunghee said...

OMG~!!!!!!!!!! What a lovely card! I love the coloring! BEAUTIFUL!!!!
So sad about Haiti... All those orphans... *sigh*

Amy said...

Beautiful card Rinne! Your coloring of her is just GORGEOUS! So horrible what's happened in Haiti, hope your colleagues stay safe!

Randi said...

Incredible creation Rinne! I love what you did with the Haiti relief stamp!! The HOPE is such a great touch!!! I LOVE everything about it!!
Fantastic post!!

Randi said...

...and...I forgot to say thanks for the link!! You are toooo cool!!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So pretty! I love how you colored her! Beautiful! :)