Sunday, July 24, 2011

ABAC - Giftwrapping paper

IMG_1236

When I was in the 4th grade, I got a last minute gift for my teacher at the end of the school year. Because it was so late, my mom didn't have time to wrap it so it was left in a plain, white box. As I looked around in the classroom on that last day of school, I noticed all of the colorful wrapping paper on my classmates' gifts. I felt bad and immediately went to work with a highlighter pen. I drew happy faces all over, and even now, I still remember that great feeling of presenting a gift so prettily.

Fast forward many years later, and I still love to wrap presents. For my ABAC (anything but a card) project at PWCO, I decided to make my own gift-wrapping paper.

I simply turned some gift wrapper to the other side and stamped away. You could even recycle some paper bags! I made a matching gift tag and voila! Super simple!

Supplies:
Stamps- PWCO's Jam Tinheart. Paper Smooches' sentiment.
Misc- Ribbon.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! Your wrapping paper looks perfect, I thought it was some you had found in one of your nifty shopping places! It's so cute and I love the colorful ribbon on it!
Ah, so you got your start in paper crafts very early and you've always been resourceful!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

You're always so clever! Love the homemade gift wrapping! :)