Monday, July 11, 2011

FuN iN ThE SuN

IMG_1251

FUN. IN. THE. SUN.

That's all I've been hearing about on Facebook. Especially going to the beach, the amusement park, and most importantly, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.

The beach boardwalk is about a little over an hour from our place. And of course, you always want what you can't get. I have been yearning to GO! At this rate, I probably won't be able to go till closer to the end of the season.

In the meantime, Some Odd Girl's Beach Babe Kaylee, Caz', and Amy's carnival-themed cards have been inspiring me to make a scene of my own.

A friend from work had her engagement pics done at the beach boardwalk. That mixture of ocean/ sand fun and amusement park rides just look wonderful in her pictures. I thought this Summer Days line from Echo Park was perfect to create it!

After adhering the papers and sticker to my kraft paper, I thought something was still missing and looked through my supplies. Lo & behold, I found some Stampfetti! They were so old that I probably bought them five years before I even started stamping!

I thought the stampfetti looked like sand, and if I hadn't already put Kaylee and the ferris wheel down, I probably would have gone all the way down to the waves.

Anyway, I hope you are all having some of your own fun-in-the-sun!!

Tata!


3 comments:

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Where do you find the time with your new bambino? I Love this one, so bright. Hope you are well.
Hugs
Tanya

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So cute! I love the way you colored her! And that stampfetti stuff is perfect! See? Our hoarding comes in handy sometimes! LOL

yyam said...

*Smiles* This is so sweet! Love how you used the Echo Park Papers with SOG! :)