Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thanking the Hospital Staff.

Hello everyone!

I am taking a break from the world of Zombie Land -- that is, I have a few minutes in between feeding the baby and entertaining the tater tot.

Just before writing this, I had about 10 minutes to make some tags. I actually made simple cards!

IMG_1576

IMG_1577

They are for the thank you gifts we're giving to the hospital staff who helped me stay problem-free during my pregnancy and deliver a healthy baby. There are four groups of them in the perinatal, labor & delivery, and post-partum departments -- from the unit secretary to the physician, we wanted to thank them all!

As a nurse myself, it is difficult to be the 'patient.' The staff took really good care of me and my son. I was very impressed with their kindness and support.

I wanted to give these nurses and doctors something special, something different than your regular See's chocolate box. A few years ago, one of my Japanese-American patients introduced me to Yoku Moku. It is a brand of gourmet cookies with natural ingredients and no preservatives. The box contains many differnt kinds of confections -- truly yummy!!


(pic source from link above)

I believe they are made from Japan. Because of the recent tragedy in the country, they have been back-ordered. I finally found them, and they should be getting shipped soon.

Anyway, my gift tags are made from K&Company papers, Sandy Lion stickers, Paper Smooches stamps (my go-to sentiments), and Martha Stewart Twine.

Thanks for visiting!


5 comments:

Random Acts of Krafting said...

A wonderful batch of cards, and a wonderful gesture to the staff.
Hugs
Tanya

Amy said...

These cards are so cute and look like it took you a lot longer then a few minutes to make! Fun mix of papers and images on each! The cookies sound delish...what a sweet thank you gift to give them!
Take it easy and have a great day!

Sparkplug17 said...

There are just darling!

yyam said...

These are awesome simple cards! :)

Have a wonderful weekend!:)

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So thoughtful! What a way to thanks the doctors and staff. I'm sure they love it all!