Thursday, July 28, 2011

HeArt Journaling - Wings Challenge



For Week One at the TGF's HeArt Journaling project, we were to create pages with the concept of wings.

IMG_1803

I turned to the easiest 'wings' I know -- butterflies. It would not be difficult as I already had a lot of butterfly supplies, like this American Crafts' Dear Lizzy silhouttes.

IMG_1808

And this Martha Stewart butterfly punch.

IMG_1809

I didn't want it too 'cutesy' though, so I opted to create lots of random textures. I used a grid stamp on a gel medium and glue with glitter in it. Then, when the gel dried, I colored it with metallic rub-on colors.

I picked an image that was a little bit solemn but not too sad. This Magnolia stamp had cherry blossoms on her dress which I thought went perfect with the butterfly theme. Colored her brightly though as the page was not meant to have a dark mood, rather an inspirational one.

IMG_1804

And on the side, I've used this quote again:

"Butterfly -
As you danced in the light with joy,
Love lifted you.
As you brushed against the world so gently,
You lifted us."

-- by T.C. Ring


My book is huge - 11 x 17. I haven't decorated the front yet... I'll show that here once it's done. The project was supposed to have two pages but I missed that part on the instructions. Hoping it'll be ok as it is the first week. I really had fun making this page. There's just something refreshing about doing something new and challenging yourself.

Supplies:

Book- Canson Mixed Media XL
Gel Medium- Golden Soft Gel
Glitter Gel- Viva
Stamp- Magnolia (not sure what her name is)
PP, Butterlies silhoutte- American Crafts (Dear Lizzy's Enchantment)
Punch- Martha Stewart
Metallic Rub-ons- Craf-T Products
Misc- Copics sketch markers, Grid Stamp, Copic multiliner.


Hugs,


1 comment:

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Awesome! I love the butterflies with the magnolia image! S pretty! Glad you're having fun with the art journaling! :)