Monday, October 3, 2011

Me, Ruffle a few feathers?? Noooo!

Good Monday morning, everyone!!!

Today, I am super excited to show you my card for several challenges today.

IMG_2481

1) For the first annual Link Up for Pink linking party over at Gaby's blog.



As you all know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Remember to do self breast exams. I'm going to share something with you: about seven years ago, I found a lump in my breast. I had it biopsied and part of it was taken out. I was very lucky that it wasn't cancerous. But I remember the fear and sadness I faced. So even if you are fortunate enough to be healthy, remind your family and friends to check monthly, to get mammograms, and even accompany them to their appointments.

I thought this card was appropriate because it's of the holidays. Holidays can be tough when you're sick or when you've lost someone dear to your heart.

I got this quote from Gaby's blog:

As we take this journey together, let us take the time to celebrate life, live for today and remember the lives of the women and men no longer with us.


2) The card is also for a DT call at the new SPARKS Challenge blog for Paper Smooches.



They are having a separate Design Team just for the Sparks Challenge only and I thought I'd try out. I just love me some Paper Smooches.

Here's the photo inspiration.



I was drawn to the ruffles first, and then the color combo next. I am (slowly) learning about how to color ruffles and pleats, and challenging myself to try out not only doing shadowing and blending, but also highlighting. I still need a lot of practice, but I like how Gifty Gwen's (from Some Odd Girl) dress turned out.

I am also liking this color combination a lot - hot pink, mint, kelly green, some turquoise and a bit of brown.

3) This card is also my entry for the Week 2 of SOG's 12 Weeks of Christmas Holiday Challenge --- use non-traditional colors.

Other supplies I used:

CS- Bazzill. Neenah Solar White.
PP- American Crafts, Dear Lizzy.
Rub-ons- Hambly.
Inks- Memento ink. Copics.

Thanks for visiting!

17 comments:

Lalo said...

The colors are right on the money. And HOLLY MOLLY the coloring on that cute SOG dress is AMAZING!!!
Super sweet card Rinne :)

yyam said...

Awww...she's so pretty! Love the colors! :)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Your coloring is amazing! I love how her skirt turned out! Very sweet Holiday card :)
Good luck!
hugs, margie

Creations by Shirl said...

OMG- Rinne~
You did her amazing beautiful...
love the colors you chose on her and matches up perfectly with your dp too......

Ashley Newell said...

This is super cute! your coloring is amazing!

Anonymous said...

such a beautiful card.... sooooo pretty.
Thank you so much for linking up with us for Link Up for Pink

JustYolie said...

Absolutely beautiful card!!
Thank you so much for linking to Link Up for Pink! I hope you create another project....there's plenty of time! :)

Yolie

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I like the soft colors - a very modern twist for Christmas!
Evelyn

Random Acts of Krafting said...

How super pretty. Love the girly girlness of this.
Hugs
Tanya

GabyCreates.com said...

Awww this is so cute, love that image. You did a great job designing the card and coloring the image! Thank you so much for participating in our LUFP linking party
Hugs ~Gaby

Riina said...

This is so cute card - I love it!

Mary G. said...

Great card!!! Beautifully done!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Cute cute, super cute! I love how you colored her skirt! I need to practice more!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this is so awesome, Rinne! The coloring is just perfect!! I wish I could color a fourth as good as you - this is amazing! I LOVE it!! :D

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Corinne, love your ruffles card. Hopped over here from LUTP!

scrapalajen.blogspot.com

TERESA D. - CUSTOM MADE SCRAPBOOK PAGES said...

Love your card. The image is so darling. Thanks for sharing.

Addicted Scrapper said...

So cute!!