Friday, October 28, 2011

Reflections and Puddles.

IMG_2979

Hello, hello, hello!

It's Friday and it's Recipe Challenge time at PaperWorks Company. This week, it's "Rain drops keep falling on my head" -- have puddles/ rain and something reflective.

Man, this stumped me for a while. The easiest solution would've been to use this stamp but I like to torture, errr, challenge myself sometimes. Because I'm such a glutton for punishment, I didn't want to use a stamp I've already used a lot.

I colored up Abigail C - Spring Blooms and altered her a little. I added water drops from the watering can and colored in a small puddle underneath the plants. There's that 'puddle/ rain' part of the challenge.

For the 'reflection,' I thought about paper piercing the watering can to make it look metal and reflective. I stickled it instead because I found these mirror embellishments from a company called Home Deco. It kinda looks like a flower, a water splatter, and a star combined.

The other part that was hard for me was finding a sentiment/ quote that was appropriate for the card. I don't have a lot of sentiment stamps so I like to hand-write sometimes. I found this quote and thought it was quite fitting.

"I'm an instant star.
Just add water and stir."
-- by David Bowie.


I apologize - I've lost my supply list for this card and the many more I've made for tomorrow's post :(. I hope to locate it soon and add it here! Make sure you come back tomorrow for the PWCO October Release Blog Hop!

9 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Hey Rinne~
Super cute card as always... love how you added in those water drops and puddle....so creative.......
Have a super duper crafty weekend....
hugs to you....

Lalo said...

LOVE that sentiment Rinne. Totally reminds me of my daughter...I'll probably have to use this one :)
Great card too, and that's some AWESOME bling there!!!

Arabella said...

Awww this is so cute! I love the splash/flower/mirror!

Arabella

Danielle said...

You did a fabulous job with this recipe Rinne - I love your card! And that mirror embellishment is stunning!
Hugs, Danielle

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So adorable and that image is super cute! Love the little quote/sentiment you added. It's perfect! :)

Amy said...

Awesome card Rinne! I love seeing your take on challenges, it's always so creative and inspiring and makes me smile! Love the quote with her and if my handwriting looked like yours I wouldn't buy sentiment stamps either!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Very sweet image and I love the little flower garden.

eva said...

hahaha, that is funny...yeah, i like to challenge myself too. love the way your card turned out. that reflective thing is kind of tricky. and i have that ducky family stamp--love it!

Cindy :) said...

very cute....great sentiment and I like your interpretation of the challenge