Sunday, October 16, 2011

ThrowBack Projects.

The craft room organization is coming along. I'm hoping that in three weeks time, I'll be done.

I discovered something good though. If you're like me and you've been crafting longer than you've been blogging, you probably have lots of projects that haven't been posted in your blog. I used to belong to Scrap In Style TV (SIS TV), anyone remember that? It was where I would post my scrapbook lay-outs and get feedback or enter challenges. I was really saddened when it went away.

So if a lay-out is cute and the style is still relevant or there's something in that project that is show-worthy or meaningful, I'll blog about it. I hope that you'll join in too.

I think I will pick one day a week (not sure yet if it'll be on Sundays) and post a throw-back lay-out or project here. i'll make up a blog button and maybe even do a Mr. Linky if there's enough traffic. For now, please make a comment telling me you've got a throwback post too and I'll be sure to visit!

So for my first throw-back l.o., here's a page featuring my sister, cousins and nieces/ nephew.

IMG_2517_1

What I like about this page are the paisleys. I also liked the negative space here. And I am in love with those crochet flowers and plastic leaves. Those used to be from a necklace I bought from It's Your Life on Etsy. A few months after purchase, I grew out of its style so I upcycled it and used them as embellies.

This l.o. was from 2006. Five years ago, I still like to cut out elements from designer paper to create a 'different look.' But I must admit, when I make cards, I tend to always cover the background and not create negative spaces. I need to do that more often. It forms a striking result.

Now what I can't do about these old lay-outs is give you a supply list. Sorry, but I hardly ever kept track of what brands I used back then.

Anyway, I hope you join me in this weekly project. It's fun digging through old stuff :). I'm actually learning about my styles throughout the year and getting even more inspired!

Tata!

5 comments:

Arabella said...

This is gorgeous Rinne! I love the negative space and the paisley and the crochet flowers! Fabulous!

Arabella

angie ashuk said...

Great lo. I love the crochet flowers too. I'd be intrested in linking up some oldies...maybe not all, but i do have a couple of favs I would share. Great idea!!

Creations by Shirl said...

This is totally cool Rinne -
Great layout and pretty pics of the family.....

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous layout! I'm so glad you dug this up to post! The paisley design is so beautiful and those crochet flowers are awesome! I have to remember to use negative space...I usually seem to fill every available spot! Love this :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Yay for Throwbacks! What a great little challenge you've got going for yourself! Love the layout! :)