Monday, October 3, 2011

SCRSC # 63 - (We Be' Clubbin!)


Hi all! And welcome to my first Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge as a DT member! Today, we have a fun color combination for you - SCRS Challenge # 63.



The first thing that came to my mind was Halloween. But since I didn't have any SCRS stamps with that theme, I decided to go with my first ever stamp from Sparkle's store - Turntable Josh.

IMG_2477

He is just groovin' away! I colored him with Copics and stamped him on Neenah Solar White CS. The orange PP is from DCWV's Autumn Harvest. The black with notes is from Graphic 45. The sentiment is a rub-on from Rhonna Farrer (by Autumn Leaves), and the record sticker is from Echo Park. The fun, reflective mesh with stars is from Gauche Alchemy.

For those of you who watched the last Jersey Shore episode where they had a clubbin' party at their place in Italy, this card totally reminds me of Pauly D. He's the DJ, and I heard he's pretty good! I was laughing during that part because there was this one time (not that! LOL!) in Arizona when my sis-in-law and friend had our own party at my SIL's house. We turned up the stereo and made our own flashing lights to simulate a club. So, so fun!!!

For more information on the challenge, please go to the SCRS blog. And don't forget October's featured stamp character:



Here's the list of the other DTs for more inspiration!

Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Store
Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Blog
Alice Wertz
Amy Tsuruta (October Guest DT)
Corinne Mercado <------- You are HERE!
Kadie Ensley
Kim Yu
Margie Cortina
Mary Johnson
Piali Biswas
Shaela Odd
Simonne Clay
Sparkle Smith
Stephanie Kraft

Hope you can play along!

8 comments:

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Adorable card! Love the music notes and how they go so perfectly with turntable Josh! :)

SuiLan said...

AWESOME card Rinne. Yeah I wanna hit the clubs now. hehe.

~amy~ said...

super FUN card..love your coloring!

Trina said...

Grr... We be clubbin is stuck in my head now! Your card is really cute. I love the little album you found to go along with the rest of your awesome layout!

Annette Allen said...

awesome card... Turntable Josh ROCKS...

Creations by Shirl said...

One "HARD" rock card Rinne!
Great music notes and that turntable is totally cool.... The dude is perfect and I think his rehearsing for X Factor (he,he)
Love it!

Unknown said...

Such a fun card, Corinne! Love the stars and the musical notes!

Lisa said...

Your creativity always amazes me, Rinne! This is so fabulous! I can almost hear the music!! Awesome card :D

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com