Friday, October 21, 2011

Recipe Challenge # 21

Hello everyone!

It's Friday so that means it's Recipe Challenge # 21 over at PaperWorks Company!

Today's recipe is an inspiration photo.

I went with the following themes that I got from the pic:

1. colors.
2. flowers.
3. girly.
4. retro/ vintage.

And here's my card:

IMG_2940

I did some altering with my stamped images. Girl # 1 was Abby Easter from PWCO's A Day In The Life of Abigail C.

I simply wiped away the ink from the bunny and eggs in the basket with a baby wipe before stamping (a trick I learned from Amy). So, instead I created a new scene where she's pushing the girl on the swing! Girl # 2 was Spring Swing and was not altered. I drew in flowers with my Copic multiliner in the basket.

I stuck pretty much with different shades of the two main colors. And then added the black as the accent color, which is the same on the pillow. The orange made it look Autumn-ish so I kept the grass that color :).

And did you notice that I had gone over the line at the second Abby's bandanna? Usually, I run over any smidgen of ink with my Colorless blender. But this time, I think it didn't work because I used to much, and it kept smearing the ink inside the black line. I kept on putting it on, waiting, then trying it again so much that I almost poked through the paper!! Goshdarnnit!

Supplies:
Stamps- PWCO's A Day in the Life of Abigail C (
Spring Swing + altered Abby Easter).
CS- American Crafts. Neenah.
DP- Crate Paper (polka dot & strip at bottom). Echo Park's Happy Days (Flowers). Fiskar's Heidi Grace Designs (border around image).
Sentiment- Paper Smooches.
Punch- Martha Stewart.
Other- Copics. Memento ink (stamped images). Colorbok (sentiment).

Hope you all have a great weekend! TGIF! I am hoping to finish most of the craftroom organization!!!!


7 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Love this BFF card, they are so cute this image and great color combo too.....

angie ashuk said...

so cute. Love that you can think outside thebox and take a stamp with a bunny, and "erase" the bunny. Very smart:)

Lalo said...

Those two little gals are so sweet together. The inspiration pillow is totally fab too. Hay and good thing for the colorless copic....can't tell you how many times I've been happy to own one :)

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Super duper cute! I love the image of the BFFs on the swing - you and me! :) haha

Love your take on the challenge this week too! Adorable! :)

SuiLan said...

Cute card! I love your take on the challenge inspiration!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is adorable! I love the beautiful colours. Thanks so much for stopping by during The Twinery + The Greeting Farm Blog Hop!

Arabella said...

This is adorable Rinne! I love how you have altered the stamp and made such a lovely scene! Gorgeous colours too!

Arabella