Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday Flashbacks!

IMG_2511

Happy Sunday!

Welcome to Sunday Flashbacks! I changed it from Throwback Sundays since that term is already familiar at TGF.

Anyway, here, we get to share old projects from the past that were never showcased before. Either because it was before we started blogging or it just never had the chance to be in the spotlight. Hope you join me on Sundays!

What I love about this lay-out were the bright, strong colors, soft shadows, and feminine accessories. The same pic repeated four times made it look artsy, I thought. Plus, with the fabric and lines, well this l.o. is one of my faves of all times.

When I was in High School, I was one of the yearbook editors and our theme then was oxymoron - the book title was "Organized Chaos." Each section also had oxymorons.

"Timid, Yet Bold" isn't actually an oxymoron, it's not two opposing words that form a phrase when put together. But you get the jist? I feel like that's my personality (in '06 when I made this l.o., and now). I'm shy at first but once you get to know me, I can be quite loud and assertive :).

What could be bad about these Sunday Flashback projects is the fact that I never wrote down what supplies I used. So I'm sorry that I'm not able to list them down. I could tell you though that I upcycled two of the embellies here. One was a friendship bracelet (horizontal, near bottom) that my good friend PM gave me. And the other is that bracelet that spelled out my name -- one of my BFFs, M, had given it to me for my birthday.

Ok, now it's your turn! Hope you join in & link your older creations every Sunday. And everyone here, pls visit each other's blogs / projects. I'm working on a blog button soon!




8 comments:

yyam said...

Really cute! Love the bold use of happy colors! :)

angie ashuk said...

Is super cute. If I can get to my scrap room today, I'll post one of mine. Very fun:)

Creations by Shirl said...

Totally cute idea / project....
Wow you look so young and pretty!
Now, no blush ok!....
Have a great Sunday.....

Lisa said...

What an awesome layout, Rinne!! Everything together is so pretty - the bold colors, the sweet embellishments and the fabulous picture - I love how you used it four times - totally artsy!! Absolutely adorable layout :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

eva said...

great layout and colors! hmmm, i don't know if i have any projects to really share. i never really took photos of anything i made til i started blogging.

Random Acts of Krafting said...

You are so pretty. LOVE this layout.
Hugs
Tanya

Amy said...

Again, so fun to see some of your past work Rinne!

The bright, fun colors of this page really speak to me and the overall design is just terrific... fabby layout my friend! :)

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Very cool flashback layout! Love all the mixed media/ephemera ! Youre the queen when it comes to mixing it up! Hope I can join you on your challenge! Wish me luck that i get to work in the craft room soon!