Monday, October 10, 2011

SCRSC # 64 with Farmer Oliver.

Hello peeps!

It is time for another Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge --- # 64. Today's challenge is a sketch:



And here's what I did:

IMG_2554

I over-tilted a bit, and so Farmer Oliver looks like he's gonna tip over... LOL! Doesn't it look like a great day at the farm? The sky is blue and there are lots of fluffy clouds. The grass is green and the crop is abundant :). He just has to watch out for those darn crows!!

I hadn't been lucky with the clouds before. Amy had blogged about a tutorial on how to do this, but my clouds never even looked like 1/10th of hers, LOL. I'd used Tim Holtz distressed ink like recommended but I think I have a very heavy hand because they never looked right. I think it's also because I didn't have the correct type of sponge. For this card, I used a metallic rub-on tint and it worked much better. (I also did it with a paper towel).

Hope you all play along! You must use a Sparkle Creations image, and upload to the SCRS Photo Gallery. The deadline is October 16th at 9 pm PST. The winner will be picked randomnly and get a free stamp!

For more inspiration, please visit the DT's blogs:

Alice Wertz
Amy Tsuruta (October Guest DT)
Corinne Mercado <--- You are here!
Kadie Ensley
Kim Yu
Margie Cortina
Mary Johnson
Piali Biswas
Shaela Odd
Simonne Clay
Sparkle Smith
Stephanie Kraft
Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Store
Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Blog

Supplies Used:
Stamp- Farmer Oliver
CS- Bazzill. Neenah Solar White.
PP- DCWV (Autumn Splendor).
Stickers- American Crafts.
Misc.- Copics Sketch markers. Memento Ink.

Toot-a-loo!

7 comments:

yyam said...

Awwww...this is totally cute! Love the signage and the birdies! :)

SuiLan said...

Hehe... this card is awesome! You did a great job on the clouds. I love everything on this card!

Creations by Shirl said...

Hey Rinne -
This is just perfect, clouds are awesome,(no worries it looks good), and that farmer oliver his colored up so perfect.... One great fab card....

Mary J said...

How wonderful Rinne! Really love how you've done the lettering and used the DPs!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card! I love the whole scene!

Arabella said...

So cute Rinne! I love those sign posts and your clouds look fabulous! I have the same trouble with Distress inks for mine too... I might try a paper towel next time! Thanks for the tip!

Arabella

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Love your take on the sketch and your clouds are AWESOME! I can never get the look of clouds right either, but you did a FABULOUS JOB! :)