Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Vintage Baby Decor

Hello everyone!

Happy Hump Day!

Thought I'd share some "decor detail" pics from my son's recent Christening.

Whenever there's a big event in our family, I always try to think of a theme. It's so much easier and more fun to plan a party that way. The last party we threw was a nautical one for my son's birthday - see this post here.

For the reception after the blessing, I wanted sort of a vintage baby theme.

I didn't have much time to execute all that I wanted. In fact, I only got to make one part of the party and that was the front of one of the favors. :(

But Baby Gardner came through. It's a website that sells vintage goodies for babes, and I had been smitten for a while with their stationary section.

I especially loved this baby carriage image.

IMG_2369

IMG_2367

Here are one of the favors - I ordered Baby Gardner's favor bags and filled with an assortment of blue and white candies. Tootsie Rolls, Bliss chocolate, Lifesaver mints. Because we couldn't buy as many favor bags as there were guests, we made other favors instead.

IMG_2873

The smaller pic actually makes up a cupcake topper. At first, I thought I was going to make cupcakes but we decided on a cake instead.

IMG_2882

IMG_2780

My sister helped made these candy bar covers. I just love what she came up with for the back! Isn't it sooo cute & sweet?!!!

IMG_2879

I used this to decorate one of the tables - vintage blocks (also from Baby Gardner).

IMG_2884

IMG_2787

And the Chinese restaurant where we held the reception was kind enough to make personalized fortune cookie messages as one of the other favors!

IMG_2881

I'll include pics of the actual celebrant later.

7 comments:

eva said...

those are some sweet decorations and favors! love that picture of your son--so cute!

Creations by Shirl said...

OMGosh Rinne~
Somebody was really busy... Oliver is so so cute love his beannie hat. This was a lot of creativity going on here, love all of your projects..... they are all awesome..yummo on the cake too...
hugs:)

Sparkplug17 said...

These turned out darling!

yyam said...

Oh wow! These are fabulous! And Oliver is adorable!

P/s: It's okay not to make things sometimes.

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, everything is so fabulous and creative and awesome!! And how precious Oliver is in his little hat - so absolutely adorable!! :D

Lisa :)
indymermaid.blogspot.com

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

I loved all the details of the Christening! So very special and so very pretty! :) Truly honored to be a part of Oli's big day! :)

Amy said...

Love the vintage theme, everything looks amazing...the usual for a Rinne party! Your sister is so clever, the candy bar covers are too cute! Your parties are the best Rinne!