Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Oldie But Goodie

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

Sadly, I only made it up to the second week of TGF's HeART Journaling project.

For that last week I completed (Week 2), I was inspired by a prior album I made in a class I took about 6 - 7 years ago. That class was taught by Traci Bautista, & to this date, I am still very much in love with this project.

I'm posting that album here now. My post is picture-heavy, and it was overcast so the pics aren't that great.

You're probably wondering why I'm blogging about it, since it was made such a long time ago. I've got several reasons:

1. I didn't have a blog back then.
2. I'd like to showcase it here in case I lose it or the kiddies tear it up.
3. I didn't have a card for today :).
4. I'm hoping to make another one like it someday and need your help.
5. It's nice to document what my style/ technique/ favorites for each year. (or era :)).


IMG_1940
Here's the book with the cover down. I love that stitching down the side -- does anybody know what type of stitching that is? I'd like to google it / find it on you tube because I've forgotten how. I guess I could also ask Traci.


IMG_1941
Here's the first page. The cover opens from the top up. The pages now open from the left side. I just loved how everything looked "free-style." We were taught to rip pages with unabandonment and sew without worrying about straight lines.


IMG_1942
The second page has a pic of a Hawaiian orchid. This album holds pics of my friends' trip to Hawaii, back in 2002.

IMG_1944
The third page has a pic from a lomography camera I used to have. I adored that thing. It gave me four different shots in succession on one print.


IMG_1945
The fourth page is blank because I took the parts and pics out to add to my HeART Journal. But aren't the papers interesting? If you were a crafter/ scrapbooker back in the early to mid 2000s, did you remember how the popular papers look like this? Very tie-dyed like and fuzzy? :). And vellum was really common, too!


IMG_1946
The fifth one has more lomography pics of the beach. Aren't those beads and string just breath-taking?


IMG_1947
And this sixth one has my BFF on it. She was on that trip with me. Fun memories!

IMG_1948
This seventh page featured one of the cool waterfalls of Hawaii. It was at a park, and there was a show with performers jumping from it.

IMG_1949
The last page has pics from the Luau we attended at the Big Island. See the third pic of a wanna-be Hula dancer. Haha!

Thanks for visiting! As I clean out my craft room and organize my old projects, I'll be posting more of these oldies but goodies. Hope you don't mind!

7 comments:

Lalo said...

LOVE the idea of posting a "oldie but goodie" project...would love to see more...maybe I should take a dig in my "STUFF" and see what comes up???

Anyhoo the album looks great and it looks like you had loads of fun on that trip!!!

Oh and that's a blanket stitch...and since I know you have a "sew easy" they make an attachment head for this stitch :)

angie ashuk said...

Thats a great book. I love the colors. I love looking at my older books to see my style then. Great idea.

Creations by Shirl said...

That was a great album Rinne~
Lots of memorable pics and even from the BIsland - woo hoo!
That stitching on the side looks like what a serger machine we do...
I used to sew with the serger and this would be like a hem stitch... I might be wrong - maybe you gotta go research it....

eva said...

hi corinne! thanks for the visit and comments! i've been here before--we have a common blogging friend, sunghee! anyway, i love your album. the colors and the torn pages--great look. yeah, it's hard keeping up with tgf's heart journaling. i have to remind myself every week!

KanataNewf said...

hey rinne, that's a blanket stitch that you used down the edge of the book.

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

I was wondering what happened to you and your projects from the TGF HeART Journaling project!

Yay for posting this oldie but goodie! I can't find mine. :( Didn't I take this class with you???

Aahhh... good times. :)

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this is stunningly gorgeous, Rinne! The colors are so fabulous and I love the design! What a fabulous "oldie but goodie"! I LOVE it!! :D

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com