Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sweet Ice Cream.

IMG_2537

Good Sunday mornin' to ya, folks!

Today, I've got another card featuring the new Karber - You Are So Sweet acrylic stamp set from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps. This time, I made a card outta the two other images from that set -- the ice cream cone and the popsicle. These new stamps are just so adorable!

From the looks of this card, it seems that I am holding on to Summer. That is true, my friends. Although I look forward to the crispness in the air and the upcoming holidays, it'll also mean the ends of:

1) flip-flops on my feet,
2) my stint as a SAHM (maternity leave will soon be over....boo),
3) and warm weather.

This time, my style is back to cutesy with the bright Copic colors and Echo Park papers. I used the Deconstructed Sketch No. 22. Boy, that triangle was tricky...but I just lined up my cone and I think it works!

I added a pearl liner by Viva to their eyes, and used a Martha Stewart punch. The sentiment is hand-written, although now I am liking this less and less. Now, I want to actually stamp with sentiments, LOL!

Sorry to cut this short. It's a big day for our family today. I'll tell you why soon. And of course, I'll be posting some pictures. Thank you sooo much for visiting today and for leaving me some love ;).

XO,

13 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is sweet, thanks for sharing!
Hey, Pixie Dust Paperie is having a give away, if you want to win a Pixie kit, follow the link to find out how!
http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

Creations by Shirl said...

Hi Rinne~
What a delish card, great ice creams flavors too... Love how you colored those ice cream and also you used matching papers, great card layout....

Trina said...

Love these colors! That rainbow ice cream is super cute!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Yummm! What a delish card! Your coloring is awesome! I feel like an ice cream cone now :)
Have a wonderful day with your family!
hugs, margie

Random Acts of Krafting said...

EEEEEEEk. Super sweet my dear.

Happy Thanksgiving
Hugs
Tanya

Amy said...

Super cute card, love how you've used those papers with the sketch...it's so fun and summery! It does seem like the summer went by too fast!

angie ashuk said...

I'm trying to hold on to summer too...we've been incredably luck though, and have still had some summer like days. Great card. LOVE the colors!!

eva said...

cute little images! love their eyes and the fun papers!

Lisa said...

Oh yum, I love all the ice cream cones and the gorgeous colors!! You are so creative! What a fabulous card, Rinne! I love this!! :D

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

SuiLan said...

Ooohh I see some yummies. I love the happy colors and the your coloring.

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So cute! Love how you colored the popsicles and cut out the "bite"! Clever! :)

yyam said...

Awwww...adorable and soooooo yummy!

Jen Shults said...

This turned out super cute! I love the ice cream treats and you did a great job with the triangle! Thanks so much for using this week's Deconstructed sketch!